While business executives often judge the success or failure of projects by their conformance to planned schedule and budget, other measures are becoming increasingly important in the light of high demand for new applications and improvements to older ones. The ability to effectively support new and enhanced business capabilities has become a key strategic differentiator.
Some IT executives are constrained and continue to focus on cost reduction, while others are preparing for growth. In both cases, software delivery needs to be optimised. One of the challenges facing most CIOs today is how to transform their systems delivery capabilities and in so doing demonstrate quicker, cheaper, improved quality and ultimately greater value to their stakeholders.
Few CIOs are able to objectively measure and report on the efficiency of their IT projects. Further, to remain competitive, executives need to be assured that their IT capabilities are indeed as good or better than those of their competitors.
Strategies for improvement often rely on a combination of outsourcing, up-skilling, the adoption of Agile approaches and at time the reliance on the latest technologies. These do not always yield the desired or expected results.IT and business executives need to answer the following questions:
- What are the key metrics that we should use to objectively gauge our software delivery projects?
- How efficient are our software development projects?
- Which projects are more or less efficient than others and what can we attribute these variances to?
- Have we improved over time?
- How do we compare to our competitors?
- Do we need to focus our attention on speeding up delivery, reducing cost and/or improving quality?
- What quantifiable targets can we set for improvements?
- Are we making unrealistic commitments to our business sponsors?
- Is our budget for our next key project adequate or overstated?
QuantiMetrics provides a well proven methodology and a participative structured service whereby we collect data, analyse it and compare it to unparalleled industry intelligence to help CIOs answer the above questions and to underpin improvement strategies. Our flagship SDLC assessment and benchmarking service is a powerful tool for companies that wish to master the types of projects they most frequently undertake. Being a multi-client service, it is designed to help gauge the efficiency of in-house and/or outsourced projects against peer projects and the best in the industry worldwide.
Clients who participate can monitor their progress over time. Typically they have reduced their annual costs, reduced error counts and delivered more quickly.
Our clients span numerous industries and geographies and all have their unique approaches to optimising software delivery. What they have in common is that they’ve partnered with QuantiMetrics to underpin their improvement journeys.